Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mum

I think it must take great strength to be my mum,
To raise five children,
To live with my dad
To be obedient to the Lord.
Settling down in a home away from home,
Choosing to give up the comforts and excesses so many chase after,
To share her time, gifts and talents with the orphan and widow.
My mum is humble and gracious,
A woman of strength and great dignity.
She is generous with her time,
Any time spent with my mum is a blessing.
A lover of art and animals,
My mum finds beauty in the finer details of life.
A life of sacrifice is a life worthy to You,
My mum has lived a life of sacrifice.
Lord, give me the strength
If only, to be half the woman my mum is.

4 comments:

  1. treezy you are amazing. our momsy is amazing. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chestnut. Momsy IS amazing.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is a tree? And who's eating chestnuts? And how long have you been a blogger logger laydieyar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Josh! Ruthy and me eat chestnuts off trees because we're TREEZYS. Im a newish member of the blogging industry, just thought Id do a little dabbling and see what its all about. I imagine I have stackloads of readers out there who Im inspiring everyday...but really, I know I dont!!

    ReplyDelete